Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Referral!!!!

Wow!  What a difference a few weeks make!

We have a referral!

We have a little boy 1year old (soon to be 2)  and a little girl 2 years old!!!!

We are over the moon excited, can't wait to lay hands on them!!!!  They are so beautiful and sweet.  I can't post their pictures here but wow.  I keep staring at their little faces ALL DAY LONG.  He has such a puzzled look on his face, like what is going on.  I just want to put a smile on that face.  She has a cute little grin on her face, she might give me a run for my money:)  and her hair!!  So much of it!!   I can't believe that in a few months there will be four little faces at my table.  Life is going to change at the Brown house!

We are waiting for a travel date which might be as soon as a few weeks!  We also have to obtain 3 more original dossiers in a few weeks.  (the paperwork we chased to make this adoption possible, it originally took me months)  We also need shots, a bedroom set up, a car that fits all the kids, and the list goes on and on:)  We have A LOT to do!  Gives me something to do with my nervous energy!

After we get our travel date then Kenny and I will head over for 4-6weeks if everything goes well and smoothly.  The boys will be staying here with family most likely.  That is a big gulp moment for me.  I feel both options could work, but really think their staying here will be the best option.  I cannot imagine being away from the boys that long though..... I can't wait to have that undivided attention with the new "littles" though.....

It is so daunting to really sit and think about bringing these new littles home.  So much in their life is going to change.  I am sure they will be looking at us thinking, well I'm not sure what they will think.  I do know they have had a hard, tumultuous life so far.  I won't be sharing specifics here.  We really need to think through what we will share and what we won't.  Their story is theirs and I want to respect their privacy.  It's funny because when we originally started this process we were thinking babies and now we are bringing home toddlers.  Wild.

I should have a lot more to say in the next few weeks and coming months!  So grateful to God that He has blessed us so richly.  I soooo wanted two little ones and we got them.  I just read back over my last post, what a difference!  I am leaning on Him and His peace right now.  I am jittery, on edge, ready to go right now.  To think of them in such a hard place with little resources drives me a little crazy.  I am already so in love.  I keep looking at my pictures and saying to myself, there you are, that is the hole that has been waiting to be filled by you.

We are still deciding on names.  Right now the little boy is named Staton and the little girl is named Namazi.  Big decision!

So this post is all over the place, just like my brain:)  I am so so thrilled, so so happy.  The boys are excited and trying to process what all this really means.  Luke just says he is "happy".  Jack is excited but more cautious, he has added a new sibling before:)  He had a hard time adjusting the first go round with Luke so it is interesting to watch those wheels turn in his head!

More info to come!






3 comments:

  1. I am so so excited and absolutely love to look back at the journey so far, the ups and downs and smile every time. Watching God's plan unfold just as He has had it planned from the beginning is so so cool. Can't wait to meet them!

    P.s. I love their names, not that I get a vote!

    ReplyDelete
  2. can't wait to hug those sweet 'littles'!!! : )

    ReplyDelete